How Greeman Toomey PLLC Can Help You Obtain Your SSDI Benefits
We help clients at every step of the process – from the initial filing of an application to representation in Federal District Court.
If you’re one of the 75% or more of applicants for Social Security disability benefits who are denied after your initial application, there is no substitute for professional legal help in reversing that denial and getting the benefits you deserve. At Greeman Toomey PLLC, we have 33 years of combined experience in this specialized area. We have helped over 25,000 clients to obtain the benefits they deserve. Here are some of the ways we can help you:
- Filing of Initial Application – We can help you gather all relevant information, file an initial disability application with SSA, and contact your doctors for supportive information. It typically takes 3 – 6 months from the date of filing to receive an initial decision.
- Request for Reconsideration – If you are denied benefits, we can help you file an appeal. A Request for Reconsideration must be filed within 60 days to appeal an unfavorable initial decision by the Social Security Administration. Contact us immediately if your initial application is denied.
- Request a Hearing – Over 95% of Requests for Reconsideration are denied. It can take from four to six months for this decision to be made. If it is denied, we will request a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge. We will represent you in that hearing and prepare you for the hearing.
- Appeals Council Review – If your claim is denied at the hearing level, we can file an appeal with the Appeals Council. The appeal process can take as long as 2 years. For that reason, we usually instruct our clients to file a new claim for benefits while the appeals process proceeds. This sometimes results in a favorable decision before the Appeals Council review is complete.
- Civil Action in Federal Court – If your claim is denied by the Appeals Council, a civil action in Federal Court may be filed. We have successfully represented clients in many such cases.
Timing is Critical for Obtaining Your SSDI Benefits
At every step of this process there is a limited time in which any appeals must be filed. For this reason, it is very important that you contact your legal representative as soon as any unfavorable decision is reached. You can call our offices at any time to discuss your situation.
Avoid Becoming Discouraged
Unfortunately, the Social Security disability bureaucracy is slow to function and unfavorable decisions are common. Only dedicated, persistent action will achieve a favorable outcome in most cases. Expertise is needed to navigate the system, and experience is required to make sure every option is explored. Only attorneys who practice solely in the area of Social Security disability law are able to see the process successfully through all the stages.
Greeman Toomey PLLC – Our Expertise and Experience Matter
At Greeman Toomey, our attorneys and staff devote themselves to helping our clients receive the benefits they deserve. We work tirelessly to take your application through every stage with professionalism and expertise. We know how important these benefits are to you, and we’re zealous in our advocacy for your rights. Contact us for a free initial consultation and we’ll help you understand those rights and how we can help you obtain benefits. You pay nothing unless we succeed. We’ll be happy to discuss your particular situation with you. Social Security disability is what we do, and it’s all we do.
“I am writing to inform you that my minor child was represented by the Greeman Toomey Law Firm and I must say that I am beyond pleased with the representation we received. My attorney was very knowledgeable about my case. He went out of his way to ensure that my child was represented with the best care ever. I was well informed while my case was being handled by the best law firm ever. I have and always will promote the Greeman Toomey Law Firm to all of my friends and family. My attorney James is the best at what he does and I am a very happy and pleased client.”
“I am writing to say that I love James’ work. He is an awesome attorney and gets the job done. I will definitely recommend him and his law firm to anyone that needs help. And I will be using his services in the near future to help me with my case that I have pending.”
“What I really like about James Greeman’s Law Firm was the amount of time they took to work on my case, as well as make me feel comfortable. They also work well with disabilities and really helped put things in black and white for me to understand.”
“My fiance Mandi had the Greeman Toomey Law Firm work on her 2nd disability claim, this time it was done correctly and went as smoothly as possible. Everything was explained and everyone had every aspect of Mandi’s case together and ready for her hearing. James Greeman represented Mandi in the hearing and Mandi was very happy. If you need someone to assist with a disability claim, Greeman Toomey is the place to call.”
“I would recommend Greeman and Toomey because they fight for what you need for your disabilities. They will find a way to help you out on your case. They won my case.”
“The Greeman and Toomey law firm has been very good to me. They’re very professional and extremely nice. Without them I would not have won my case. I am a happy woman today.”